February 15, 2010

Auntie Mame: Danish Modern

  
   We had a project in our Principles of Interior Design class that called for us to watch the 1958 movie classic Auntie Mame. In the movie, her living and foyer area changed layout, design, and furniture styles numerous times. We were required to study Mame's likes, dislikes, and needs throughout the movie. We had to study how she used the rooms, what the existing layout and obstacles were, then turn around and offer her a renovated design. I chose Danish Modern as my style.

 
  This the the first time that I have ever had to make an inspiration board, or presentation board. I had research everything that I could about Danish Modern in the 40's- 60's. Since I personally did not want to use an accurate color scheme, I opted for an up to date rendition of the style. 
                                                                                                 

  We were to keep up with the paints, wall covering, manufacturers, designers, and costs information of the items we used in the final presentation boards. However, we did not have a budget for this project. Also, this was our first hand at writing concept statements. I still don't believe our teachers are convinced. haha.

Parti/Inspiration Board
Finalized Presentation Board  

No comments:

Post a Comment